ORB - Oregonian Research Blog

Friday, May 09, 2008

Creating Memorable Links

I was wishing I had a memorable URL to give people for a presentation I did in Google Docs. My Google Docs URL wasn’t too long but it contained about 20 characters of random letters and numbers. My first thought was to use TinyURL but that would have still created a link with random letters and numbers. What to do? What to do? Good thing I sit next to Mark Friesen. He suggested I check out Metamark.

Metamark not only shortens a link, but it also lets you add an optional nickname to a link. My link will expire after 5 years, but that will be far beyond the memory of this presentation.

There are other web tools similar to TinyURL and Metamark. You can read a great review of them all on Webware: Cool apps for everyone.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]



<< Home